I didn’t see a single Maori or Polynesian face at the conference. A few Asian supporters of former Chinese ACT MP Kenneth Wang sat near me, but even they were thin on the ground. If any proof was needed that ACT is a party of white men, a glance at the conference room today would suffice. Are they rich white men? ACT would beg to differ – indeed today again we were told that “ACT isn’t the party of the rich like the media portray us”. Yet there can be no doubt that many of the attendees were high net-worth...
Receive posts by e-mail
- Impressions from the Global Media Congress in Abu Dhabi
- رحلة جاسيندا أرديرن إلى آسيا تعيد إحياء السياسة الخارجية المستقلة لنيوزيلندا
- Does New Zealand need to up its game with World Cup host Qatar?
- Jacinda Ardern’s Asia trip rekindles New Zealand’s independent foreign policy
- Is it time for Jacinda Ardern to head to the Middle East?
- New Zealand’s relationship with India is in trouble
- Jacinda Ardern’s tilt towards the West continues at the UN
- Was New Zealand’s deployment to Iraq worth it?
- Foreign fighters in Ukraine المقاتلون الأجانب في أوكرانيا
- Aukus door held ajar for New Zealand