Quest for Security has an excellent backgrounder on the history of the Epsom electorate and predicts Hide will win the seat by a landslide in 2008. Barring the unlikely scenario, such as Hide somehow blotting his copy-book in a big way with the “little old ladies” (Hide’s words, not mine) prior to the election, I agree 100% with this assessment. I think the voters of Epsom have got their money’s worth over the last couple of years, as far as Hide being a “good local MP” is concerned. It’s interesting how individual electorates such as Epsom and Tauranga still fascinate...
Receive posts by e-mail
- Impressions from the Global Media Congress in Abu Dhabi
- رحلة جاسيندا أرديرن إلى آسيا تعيد إحياء السياسة الخارجية المستقلة لنيوزيلندا
- Does New Zealand need to up its game with World Cup host Qatar?
- Jacinda Ardern’s Asia trip rekindles New Zealand’s independent foreign policy
- Is it time for Jacinda Ardern to head to the Middle East?
- New Zealand’s relationship with India is in trouble
- Jacinda Ardern’s tilt towards the West continues at the UN
- Was New Zealand’s deployment to Iraq worth it?
- Foreign fighters in Ukraine المقاتلون الأجانب في أوكرانيا
- Aukus door held ajar for New Zealand