In the latest issue of the New Zealand International Review (November/December 2007, pp. 2-5), there is an article by Dr. Ron Smith, who is head of international relations at the Political Science department at the University of Waikato. Smith is a regular contributor to the Review and his latest article advocates the introduction of nuclear power to New Zealand. Here is the ACT connection: in the party’s formative phase, Smith was foreign affairs spokesman and was quoted in some media reports around 1996. Although I don’t have exact figures on hand at the moment, I believe he was ranked at...
Receive posts by e-mail
- Impressions from the Global Media Congress in Abu Dhabi
- رحلة جاسيندا أرديرن إلى آسيا تعيد إحياء السياسة الخارجية المستقلة لنيوزيلندا
- Does New Zealand need to up its game with World Cup host Qatar?
- Jacinda Ardern’s Asia trip rekindles New Zealand’s independent foreign policy
- Is it time for Jacinda Ardern to head to the Middle East?
- New Zealand’s relationship with India is in trouble
- Jacinda Ardern’s tilt towards the West continues at the UN
- Was New Zealand’s deployment to Iraq worth it?
- Foreign fighters in Ukraine المقاتلون الأجانب في أوكرانيا
- Aukus door held ajar for New Zealand