1. Advance voting Gareth Hughes at The Daily Blog, 2 September 2014 I believe advance voting will be a game-changer this Election. Young Kiwis in particular are notorious for voting in low numbers but this Election it doesn’t matter what the weather is like on September 20, how big the lines are, or if there’s something else on – everyone can vote from tomorrow or any day over the next seventeen days. Elections always take place on a Saturday to minimise disruption to the working week. But for young Kiwis, many of whom work part-time jobs on a Saturday (or...
Receive posts by e-mail
- Jacinda Ardern strikes a softer tone on China
- Joe Biden’s controversial trip to Saudi Arabia could help New Zealand reset its own relationship with the Middle East
- Is Jacinda Ardern rethinking her China strategy?
- Can Jacinda Ardern’s starpower save New Zealand’s free trade deal with the EU?
- Tale of two summits – why Jacinda Ardern said no to the Commonwealth, but yes to NATO
- Why is New Zealand’s defence minister visiting South Korea?
- Nanaia Mahuta under pressure as Pacific’s geopolitical Great Game heats up
- How I started doing yoga / كيف بدأت ممارسة اليوغا
- Albanese’s Australian election victory and Biden’s trip to Asia set the scene for Ardern’s US trip
- Jacinda Ardern continues to forge a more US-friendly foreign policy